The Results Are In!
Thank you to everyone who participated in Money Chronicles: A Story Initiative, a national short story contest supported by Principal Foundation. This contest was designed to encourage conversations about money and bring experiences with money – positive and negative – out of the shadows.
We received so many incredible stories that reflected lived experiences with money and it has been a joy and privilege reading them over the last month. Selecting the finalists was a difficult task, which is a testament to the exceptional quality of the submissions we received. Once again, we thank you for your commendable work!
And now... we're thrilled to announce the 17 finalists. Congratulations to the following authors!
- "Come Get It" by Mandy Shunnarah
- "Cutouts" by Marcie Roman
- "Doubloons" by Alyson Mosquera Dutemple
- "Eldest" by Purvi Shah
- "Ethel Finds Money" by Karen Heuler
- "Evaporation" by Lucy Zhang
- "Mango Grove" by Sarah Batchu
- "Not God" by Katherine Cart
- "Owners, Soon" by Jin Kim
- "Planting Instructions" by Cameron Walker
- "Rat Race" by Katherine Cofer
- "Scotch 80s" by Zachary Kellian
- "The absence of want" by Lu Han
- "The Beating Heart of the World" by Cedric Rose
- "The Hoard" by Matt Goldberg
- "The Next Right Thing" by John Clark
- "Twenty Dollars" by Carla Damron