Short stories are buttoned up, complete worlds that once turned inside-out, will weave their way into conversation and thoughts, demanding to not be forgotten. Short Édition’s button fiction, stories of 8,000 characters or less, can be found in unexpected places stretching from San Francisco to Boston, France, Hong Kong, Australia, and beyond, hidden within the black box of a mystery machine — the Short Story Dispenser — and waiting to be discovered at the push of a button.
From February 12th to March 12th, Short Édition invites all writers to submit a short story for our Button Fiction, Spring Contest 2019. Every submission will be considered for publication in our Short Story Dispensers and we will award a total of $1,450.00 to selected winners: one juried winner and one public winner will both be awarded $500, and three juried runners-up will each be awarded $150. All winners and runners-up will be offered a publication contract with Short Édition.
This is Short Édition's first international contest, and we look forward to reading work from writers of all nationalities! The goal of button fiction is to make our readers travel through the words of an author on the other side of the globe or perhaps simply right down the street.
Button Fiction is storytelling brought to life at the push of a button.
Things to know
- There is no theme for this contest.
- We will accept one submission per author.
- We accept simultaneous submissions as long as you tell us if your work is accepted elsewhere before the end of the submissions period (March 12th)
- We are open to fictional short stories of all genres (excluding erotica), themes, and styles.
- All stories need to be less than 8,000 characters, spaces included.
- All stories will be published on the contest website until winner announcements for the online community to read, comment on and vote for their favorites.
For all questions, please contact us here or at email@example.com