Here at Short Édition we were thinking...what better way to spend a little extra free time than by reading peoples' stories from around the world and connecting with others passionate about reading and writing. In other words, if you've been curious about what goes on behind the scenes at Short Édition, this is where the curtain drops! We would love to invite you to join our Review Team.
If you're a creative writer, a leisure reader, or simply just wanting to be a part of our Short Story Dispenser projects, we'd be thrilled to have you on board. Some quick facts about joining the Team:
- Both readers and writers are welcome to join. If you're a writer and wish to also submit your work for consideration you may still participate on the Review Team, as submissions are always anonymous and writers cannot access their own.
- Participation is totally on a volunteer basis, easy to fit in between living room yoga, Netflix bingeing, and learning to knit.
- All members can connect and discuss with us and other volunteers on the Review Team page.
- You will be directly involved in critiquing submissions for our quarterly review, Short Circuit, via our backend review system — very simple to navigate!
- Your critiques on submissions are only visible to us and other Reviewers - Writers do not have access to your commentary
- We are looking for people wanting to read and critique poetry, short stories and/or children's stories.
- If you are interested in reviewing submissions for an ongoing contest, you are more than welcome to. Just ask!
- If you’re located in the Philadelphia area, you also have the choice to review submissions for our local project here, Philly Storied City. Again, just ask us for the access.
If this sounds like something you might be interested in, we'd love to talk more and give you all the details. Please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!