Sometimes the monthly Rendez-Vous will be themed; sometimes it won’t. But each collection will be coherent and carefully crafted by our editorial team. If you submit a piece in June and it isn’t published in the July Rendez-Vous, that doesn’t necessarily mean it hasn’t been selected. It could simply be that it just wasn’t right for that particular issue.
Please give our editorial team up to 4 months to get back to you about your submission.
- All submissions must be submitted via this submission platform in a copy/paste format. We cannot respond to unsolicited submissions via post or email.
- We welcome submissions from established and emerging writers alike.
- Submissions must be short stories and poems of maximum 8,000 characters, spaces included or children's stories of maximum 7,000 characters, spaces included.
- Works must be previously unpublished in print or online, including on personal blogs.
- We will only accept fictional works, and they may be any style or genre, excluding erotic.
- We pay $125 for each selected short story and $75 for each poem as an advance payment on the royalties that each author will receive on a yearly basis from the Short Story Dispenser subscriptions.
- Each selected piece will be published as a part of a Rendez-vous collection in our Short Story Dispensers around the world and on our website, short-edition.com/en.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted as long as you inform us immediately if your work is accepted for publication elsewhere.
- Concerning rights to your work, we ask for:
- the exclusive right to publish your work in our Short Story Dispensers or any similar vending machine.
- the exclusive right to use or adapt your work as a basis for audio.
- the non-exclusive right to publish your work on all other media, such as our website, for example.
- Please read our Publishing Terms and Conditions here in detail. Submitting your work via this submission platform is an agreement to the full Publishing Terms and Conditions.
- Only one submission per writer in each category (poetry, short story, and children's story), but once you’ve received a final response from us, we encourage you to submit another piece.
- Our response rate could be anywhere from a few days up to four months, depending on the number of submissions we receive.